انا قابلت نفس المشكلة وكان الحل قطعيا في الخطوات التالية
You don't need to download any driver. I tested this solution in Windows Vista (x86 and x64) and in Windows 7 (x64) too.
Do the following:
1. Go to Devices and printers on the Start Menu
2. Click in the button Add printer (in the tool bar)
3. Click on Add Local Printer, in the new window.
4. Use the settings: "Use an existing port: LPT1: (Printer Port)". And click on the Next button.
5. Choose the Manufacter: HP and printer: HP Deskjet 1220C. After that click on Next.
6. Now that you have the printer added, go to the Devices and Printers window, that you opened in the 1. and click with the right button in the printer that've added and click on Printer Properties.
7. Go to the Ports tab.
8. Select the port USB001 and click OK.
9. Now you can use the printer!!